The Golden Reids Ministry of Reid Temple A.M.E. Church is an organization that provides fellowship and entertainment for its senior membership and creates an environment that allows all Golden Reid members to enjoy and fully participate in its activities.
- To demonstrate concern for the welfare of the senior population of the congregation
- To encourage fellowship, friendship, kindness and respect for one another
- To engage in spiritual, educational, cultural and fun activities
- To model wisdom, moral standards, and Christian behavior
- To ensure that each endeavor or activity falls into one of the following areas of consecrated service as established by Senior Pastor Rev Doctor Lee P Washington:
- Empowerment, and/or
- Meet once each month, for organization business January through December, (no business meetings are held in July and August)
- Reach out to Golden Reid members in sickness, distress, and loss of loved ones through corporate and individual prayer, telephone calls, greeting cards, home and/or hospital visits, and any other thoughtful gestures
- Plan and execute excursions to movie theaters, dinner theaters, museums, historic sites, and other church events and activities
- Plan a senior recognition event to honor all Reid Temple members who are 80 years and older
- Share information for seniors and participate in outreach programs and other activities of the larger church
- Collect stipulated membership dues and amenities to supplement the budget and allow the organization to carry out the activities listed above.