Reid Temple Senior Services
Monday, July 24, 2017
Meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm.
Topics were discussed with the following conclusions/actions:
- Contracts approved and currently being used to hire The Fitness Instructor, caterer, and two bus drivers;
- Director’s contract will be executed once background check is complete.
- Email from Rev. Loxley indicated that we need to prepare a space use form; provide to the church a certificate of good standing;
- Cheryl Merriman, the accountant, informed us that to get the Certificate of good standing, we must first satisfy the state By submitting a completed form 990 and a 2016 and 2017 tax forms. She is currently working on these. Then they will issue the Certificate.
- Shameeka Price, the Board secretary, resigned. Cinneen Johns was elected secretary at the meeting.
- President Oliphant shared the info on the Bowie State Research project on diabetes. SAhe had emailed the overview to all board members. She had signed a letter of support for Sharon Hawks who will be the project director. She asked the group to read thru the overview carefully so that we can discuss it at the next meeting.
- It was agreed that we will have a call meeting on Monday, August 14 to start working on our infrastructure plan to be presented to The finance committee for approval so that we can draw down our budget.
- We also discussed how we will pay our four employees when we draw down the money . We agreed that the treasurer could write the checks on a monthly basis to pay the salaries. This will go into our plan.
- We also discussed putting our attorney, Karen Onwukwe and the accountant, Cheryl Merriman, on retainers.